For details and photographs of the facilities offered by each area, please click that area on the plan alongside. For a printed version of Westerham Hall’s facilities, please click here (PDF – 76Kb).
- All areas of Westerham Hall are accessible by wheelchair with the current exception of the Stage itself
- The main doors have electronic opening that can be operated from a wheelchair
- Toilets for the disabled
- An induction loop is fitted in the Main Hall to aid the hard of hearing
There are loading bays to the front and side of Westerham Hall. We are adjacent to a Pay-and-Display car park run by Sevenoaks District Council but spaces cannot be reserved and we can offer no guarantee that spaces will be available. Extensive further parking is available in Westerham Town Car Park located on the A25 towards Sevenoaks. It is linked to Westerham Hall via a clearly signposted footpath approximately 300m distant.
Westerham Hall is a licensed premises under the 2003 Licensing Act. Hirers wishing to sell alcohol solely for consumption on the premises to those aged 18 and over attending their event need to complete the relevant part of the booking form and pay the required fee. Please note the following:
Guests Under the Age of 16
– No one under the age of 16 may sell, purchase (for themselves or others) or consume any alcohol whatsoever. It is an offence for persons aged 18 and over to purchaser alcohol knowing for consumption by anyone under 18.
Guests Aged 16 and 17
– Those aged 16 and 17 may not purchase alcohol for themselves or others
– However, if food is being served, they may be bought or served alcohol to drink with their meal. Please note: ‘Food’ in this context does mean a proper meal – a bag of crisps does not count
– They may serve or sell alcohol from a free or cash bar providing they are under constant adult supervision
Guests Aged 18 and Over
– All guests aged 18 and over are deemed adult
IMPORTANT: We are legally obliged to shut down immediately an event at which any of the above restrictions are flouted and to report the hirers to the Police – even if the hirer was unaware for whatever reason that under-age drinking was taking place. No refunds are payable in these circumstances.
PLEASE NOTE: Because of recent adverse experiences, we regret that we can longer accept bookings for (birthday) parties for 16-21 year olds. Parties for under 16s must be under the CONSTANT supervision of parents/guardians.
The Main Hall
The Main Hall is our largest and most flexible space: 12.5m x 12.5m x 5m high, it can comfortably accommodate the following numbers:
- 180 (seated theatre-style – max 250 permitted)
- 125 (seated at tables – max 250 permitted)
- 250 (standing – max 350 permitted)
It also offers:
- A beechwood floor – great for dancing but no rubber soles or stilettos please!
- Induction loop for the hard of hearing
- 30 tables (1.5m x .75m) & 200 padded chairs
- Free access to half the kitchen
- Full height sound proof partitions that split the room ¼ – ¾ along its length
The hire charge for the Main Hall includes use of the Stage…
- The Stage (10m x 5m x 4m high) is raised and has full curtaining and access doors to the Rear Meeting Room that remain locked unless the Rear Meeting Room has also been hired
- The Stage comes with fixed on/off lighting. More complex, theatrical lighting is also available by special arrangement and for which an additional fee is payable. Please contact the Hall Manager
Please note: Twice a year (April/May and then November/December), the Stage will be shut off for two weeks by the full height sound-proofed partition to facilitate the staging of amateur theatre. Hirers are always advised before they book if this is to be the case and a commensurate reduction in the hire charge is naturally offered.
Front Meeting Room
A carpeted room, ideal for meetings, presentations, coffee mornings, birthday parties and family celebrations etc. It also serves as an excellent space for serving refreshments before an event in the Main Hall. It offers:
- Capacity for 60 seated theatre-style; 40 seated at tables (2’ x 2’6”) or 100 standing
- 12 padded armchairs + additional chairs from the Main Hall
- Tables & chairs as required
- Free access to half the kitchen
Hirers of the Main Hall and Front Meeting Room have automatic use of half of the kitchen which is laid out to facilitate equitable and easy sharing. Should you require use of the whole kitchen but only one of the spaces, please discuss with the Hall Manager. The Kitchen offers:
- Plenty of work surfaces
- 2 x 90cm ovens with grill
- 2 x standard ovens with grill
- 3 x gas hobs with 15 rings
- Large (16ft3) warming oven
- Microwave oven
- 1 x large fridge
- 1 x Foster’s commercial fridge (set to 2oC)
(Wine, soft drinks etc. may be placed in a fridge to chill ahead of the hire period by special arrangement with the Hall Manager)
- 1 x Foster’s commercial freezer (set to -18oC)
- 2 x Lincat water boilers (one each end)
- 4 sinks with constant hot water
- Automatic commercial dish-washer with a three minute cycle
- Hire of crockery and glasses by arrangement
- Serving hatches to Main Hall and Front Meeting Room